It's All About You...
Tailoring your wedding to match your dreams and expectations is what we specialize in here at Newbery Lodge, a historic Christchurch wedding venue.
We work alongside your ideas and your plans to guide and support you in creating a magical day of celebration for you, your families and your friends to cherish and remember for ever more.
Whether your special day is to be a traditional wedding or filled with fresh and contemporary ideas, whether you plan to only invite your nearest and dearest for a small intimate reception or to celebrate in a grand fashion with up to 200 wedding guests – Newbery Lodge is such a beautiful and unique Canterbury wedding venue that you can’t go wrong in choosing it as a back drop for any style of wedding.
Working in close consultation with you as you go through the wedding planning process, we are able to design the perfect wedding menu to suit your reception style, and examples of some of our delicious wedding catering options are as follows:
- Canapés and champagne on arrival or post ceremony
- Bowl food (following canapés) where the ‘mains’ are set out in entrée-size bowls
- A traditional seated serve, which consists of a three course meal
- Buffet style, which includes a number of hot dishes, salads and desserts
- French Platter style to the center of the table, which is then shared by everyone
- Supper style – with canapés and speeches followed by, for example, a ham carvery with bread rolls and salad, with the wedding cake as dessert.
Whatever the catering style you decide upon, we can promise at Newbery Lodge you will receive:
- delicious and on-trend cuisine
- served with flair and a warm smile
- gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free menu options
Newbery Lodge’s reputation as a quality Christchurch wedding venue within Canterbury over the past 40 years is reinforced by our previous brides’ testimonials. Being able to offer beautiful as well as ample indoor venue options and outdoor garden space for your ceremony, reception and wedding photography, Newbery Lodge has everything you will need in order to wow your guests and to ensure they have a relaxed and enchanting day. For more information about the various reception spaces, please visit our Function Rooms page for guest capacities and details.
Our wonderful front of house staff are also here to support you and ensure that your guests are taken care of from arrival to departure. You could say that our staff are the icing on the cake to an enchanting venue, beautiful picturesque gardens and delectable cuisine.
UPDATE: Looking forward…
We wish to inform our customers and potential customers that sadly Continental will cease being lease-holder/venue manager of Newbery Lodge after 28 February 2017.
We are of course committed to creating exceptional events at Newbery Lodge until this date so please do still contact us if you require something fabulous before the end of February. We have very much enjoyed working in this lovely homestead for the last four years.